The Harbor Bridge Citizens’ Advisory Committee (CAC) is an advisory group composed of people within the community who represent a broad range of views, backgrounds, and interests. The committee serves in an advisory role to the Harbor Bridge project team and acts as a valuable link between TxDOT and the community throughout the EIS and schematic (preliminary engineering design) for this project.
Criteria considered by TxDOT for CAC membership include:
- Broad representation of stakeholder interests
- Geographical representation within the project area
- Demonstrated interest in the Harbor Bridge project
- Willingness to make time commitment needed for CAC participation.
Members can nominate themselves or be nominated by others. TxDOT makes the final decision on membership based on the criteria described above.
The mission of the CAC is as follows:
- To receive project team reports on the progress of the project in relationship to established schedules and project milestones.
- To promote public awareness and understanding of the project
- To advise TxDOT on the community’s preferences regarding the project as well as the best approach for communicating with the public.
- The CAC meets at least three times a year. Meetings are led by a facilitator and are open to the public. Individuals who are not CAC members are welcome to provide input during a public comment period at the end of each meeting.
The first CAC meeting was held on January 11, 2011 and the second meeting was held on June 21, 2012. A third meeting was held on October 18, 2012. The first meeting of 2013 took place on July 11, 2013. Dates for future meetings will be announced on the website as they become available.
July 8, 2014
January 9, 2014
July 11, 2013
October 18, 2012 Meeting:
June 21, 2012 Meeting:
January 11, 2012 Meeting:
October 2007 Meetings:
March 2006 Meetings:
- Corpus Christi Agenda
- Portland Agenda
- Corpus Christi Meeting Notes
- Portland Meeting Notes
September 2005 Meetings: